Sunday, February 21, 2010

Florida part 3: Monday, Tuesday and the trip home

Monday morning we went to breakfast at the Village Inn where I had some amazing french toast. After breakfast I really wanted to go to the beach. We drove around for a while deciding what beach to go to. Finally Rob decided that we should drive out to Clearwater. It was a nice beach but I was mostly excited to be on the beach in February. It was the warmest day of the trip at just about 70. Here is a picture of us at the beach.

We spent a little while looking for shells. We found a few good ones. Later we found out that one had a snail in it and the other was a live oyster. Once we left the beach we drove around a little more and then went to Danielle's. We went to get some lunch and then went to the Aquarium. Here are a few pictures from the aquarium.









Once we left the aquarium we went to get ice cream from Rob's favorite ice cream place. Then we hung out at Danielle's until it was time to meet Rob's friend Heather at Applebee's. We all had a nice dinner and talked for a while.

Tuesday was our last day. We were planning on leaving that afternoon so we just stayed around his mom's house except to get lunch. We did a bunch of laundry so that we didn't have to do laundry when we got home. Shortly before his mom came home we went to the store to get snacks and drinks for the drive home. When we got back, his mom was home. We loaded the car and said good-bye.

We were on the road by 4:30. Rob and I had some good conversations about the future while we were driving the first part. The rest of the trip was not as nice. We were too tired to be driving through the night. I slept first until about midnight when we switched. I had a hard time with my part of the drive. When Rob took over, I only slept for an hour before staying awake with him. When we switched for the last time we were just outside of Indianapolis. We unfortunately got their morning rush hour traffic. Luckily it wasn't too bad. We made it home just before 10 am.

We came home to some bad news. While we were gone, the apartment complex had Rob's car towed because the plates were expired. They expired just before we left and Rob planned to renew them when we got back. Thankfully, it had only been towed the day before we got back and thankfully his dad was able to help him get it out the next day. Despite the bad news, we were both able to get a little sleep. I only let myself sleep for two hours so that I was able to go to bed at a decent time that night since I had to be back at work the next day.

I am sad that vacation is over. Now I really want to move down there. We are talking about moving there in about two years. I wish it could be sooner but I really need to pay off my credit card bills and get some money saved up first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home