Sunday, February 21, 2010

Florida part 1: the drive down and the first full day

I think I will do this in multiple posts so that they don't get too long but I am still able to add all of the details.

Wednesday night after I got home from work Rob and I the leftover pizza from the night before and then loaded up the car. We stopped at Dominick's so I could deposit my check and we could get snacks and drinks for the drive. Then we filled up the tank and we were off. We were on the road by 7. Rob started off driving while I rested and slept. He got us just into Kentucky past Louisville before we stopped to switch. I got us through Nashville. At this time it was about 3 or 4 am and I needed to sleep again. I woke up to the feel of the car slowing down. We were in Atlanta and it was the very beginning of morning rush hour. Luckily it wasn't bad. Once we were through the traffic we stopped to switch again. Rob slept until shortly after the Florida border. I tried to take a picture of the Welcome to Florida sign but it sucked since I was using my phone. When Rob woke up the first thing he said was "we are in Florida! The sun is shining." The weather was really nice but we still had a few hours in the car. By 10:30 I was starving and we needed gas so we stopped for lunch and to fill the tank. Rob drove the rest of the way. We got there earlier than expected and his mom was still going to be at work so we decided to stop at his Grandparents house. They were really nice people and I enjoyed listening to stories from back in the day.

Once we got to Rob's mom's house, she was home from work. We brought everything in and then we all talked for a while. She showed us some of the work that they had done on the house and the back yard. After a while she called Rob's brother Johnny to see if she could pick him and the girls up to come visit. They weren't ready so we visited for a while longer before going to pick them up. I got to meet Johnny and his two daughters Serenity, who is almost 3 and Victoria, who is almost a year. I think Rob had a good time playing with the kids. Soon Rob's stepdad came home from work and brought pizza with. Shortly after everyone left we went to bed. I was so tired and my head still felt like it was in a moving car. It was the weirdest feeling ever. I slept like a rock that night and didn't wake up until 9:30 the next morning which for me is really late.

It was Friday but Rob's mom took off of work so that we could all spend the day together with Serenity. We were planning on going to the Florida State Fair but it was raining. Instead we decided to take Serenity to Chuck E Cheese.

Here is a picture of Rob playing a racing game with Serenity.




After Chuck E Cheese we stopped at the Cuban Sandwich Cafe to get one of Rob's favorite sandwiches. It was pretty good. After lunch we heard a loud bang and then the power went out. The transformer had blown. The electric company said that the electricity should be back on by 8 pm. We decided to take Serenity home and go to Target. Rob needed new pants for the wedding and we also wanted to get the bride and groom a gift. When we got home the power was still out so we decided to go out for dinner. We went to the sports bar that his mom and stepdad go to most Friday nights for dinner. We had dinner, a few drinks and played a few games of pool. Then we went to the Hangout for more drinks and some live music. Before heading over there, we stopped by the house to check if the power was back on or not. It wasn't. The bands were good but the crowd was not really our type of crowd. While we were there, Danielle, Rob's best friend, met us there. I was a little nervous to meet her just because she was Rob's best friend. I think Rob was nervous too because he really wanted us to get along. She was really nice and I think we got along great. However, it was hard to talk since there was a live band right there. Plus, I think we were all pretty tired.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home