Saturday, February 21, 2009

You know you're in Michigan when...

I decided to start a 365 blog after seeing my cousin's 365 blog. When I started to really think about it I realized how fast life goes by and how little I actually remember about my regular daily life. I'm in Michigan right now starting this blog but I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I don't make it back to Michigan as often as I'd like and just realized that I haven't been here since Christmas. Time seems to fly by a lot faster lately and I think I just realized it.

Today I went to work with my dad. He was just finishing a job remodeling someone's bathroom. On the way, there was a commercial on the radio advertising a gun and knife show in Kalamazoo. My first thought was "only in Michigan" (hence the title of this blog).

The new bathroom was really nice. I especially liked the tile work in the shower. I loved the shower! It was nice and big, the size of a bathtub but it was just the shower.

While we were there, I took pictures of the bathroom. My mom took before and after pictures but the after pictures didn't turn out. I just used my phone so they may not turn out as nice as if I would have used my camera. However, I have noticed that my phone does take some pretty good pictures for a phone.

So here is my picture for today.


Afterwords we stopped at DiMaggio's for lunch. On the way out someone was going in. It wasn't until my dad pointed it out that I realized who it was. It was a boy that I baby-sat a few times when I was younger. I couldn't believe how old he was. My first thought: "How can that be Geano, he was just 4 a few years ago?" I guess time really does fly by without us really knowing it. Yup, it's definately time to start this blog.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

That is a pretty shower and you have great quality pics from your phone! Mine would not look that good! What type of phone do you have? Anyway, glad to see you start up a blog, its such a fun and challenging project...I am having tons of fun!

February 22, 2009 at 3:52 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

hello! Thats wonderful you are teaching A sign language! Those are ASL cards, it has the pic on front and sign on the back. It came in a big box along with 2 books (1 big book with a word dictionary) and one with songs and how to sign the songs that are on the CD that also comes with it. I found mine at Borders, so I am sure its at Waldens or whatever. I found it in the kid resource section! I love this little set, just wish I had it sooner!

February 22, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home